Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Progress

Hi. So I thought I should update any readers (anyone out there?) on the whole point of this blog - the thrift store experiment! I guess I kinda got sidetracked with the whole Etsy thing and have been reading Sea of Shoes too frequently, but I'm getting focused and this blog is getting back to basics with it's goal.

So, as for my progress with the whole only-shopping-at-thrift stores thing - I'm actually doing quite good! I got a little caught up in the consumerism brainwashing technique that was Christmas, but mostly only because some well intentioned family members forced me to buy stuff for myself that they could then confiscate, wrap, and return back to me along with some reimbursement. And I don't think a $3 scarf would have cut it in their eyes. So anyway, the new stuff I got over the holidays basically includes: multiple pairs of knee socks and a sweater from Target, some shoes and undies from Nordstrom Rack, a pair of cords and a shirt or two from J. Crew. Not bad, eh? Some people sans such high expectations from me would consider some of that stuff pretty thrifty (I got the cords for 14$!)

Since then, I've been pretty good about sticking to D.I. or Savers for my shopping fixes. (Besides some shoes from F21, and a hat and some rain boots from T.J. Maxx.) I've gotten a TON of stuff that I'm meaning to sell on Etsy but have been a bit lazy when it comes to taking pictures, etc.

Anyway, there's a little update for you in case you were wondering if I had gone totally snob city and decided to live out my fantasies of purchasing only Elizabeth and James and Diane von Furstenberg. Luckily (?) my budget does not even almost allow for that and when that day comes in 30 years, I will change the name of this blog to BitchyCakes.

Cheers! ~ Addie

4 comments:

  1. are you gonna make a scarf or rug or somethin out of your cat? that would be nifty and thrifty.

    :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahah i love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never read this post ~ don't know how i missed it AND commented on it. um, who is anonymous? how sneaky.

    and, the recent photos are crazy

    ReplyDelete