Sunday, October 25, 2009

And so it begins...

As I was sitting in church today listening to discussions about provident living and self reliance, I started to feel guilty (as I always do in those lessons) for my sins; or particularly about the debt I've incurred. As I shamefully lowered my head, I noticed the cute cute bag I had bought from DI the night before. Spirits raised, my eyes moved up to meet the cute cute belt I had procured during that same outing. That's when it dawned on me.

WHAT: An experiment. Only shop at thrift stores for clothes. (Including shoes, accessories, furniture, books, luggage, you name it. Basically everything except FOOD, makeup, stuff like that.)

WHY: Because I am bone broke, thrift stores are the coolest places to shop anyway, it's good for the environment and for the soul. Also, to have something to blog about because my life is kind of boring.

WHEN: Starting immediately. Going forever (at least a couple months, or until it proves to be ... impossible..?)

HOW: Just shop at thrift stores. duh.

WHERE: Most likely D.I. and Savers. Although, if they don't have something I feel that I REALLY need... I might include ebay or etsy. and / or drive up to the American Fork / Sugar House D.I.'s.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. An expedition like this have never before been attempted. Anything could happen. I might go cold this winter due to lack of fashionable outerwear options. I might smell weird. I may start a new trend. I might look like your grandma. I might buy a Louis Vuitton wallet for only 25 cents and sell it online for 50 dollars. (OH WAIT! ALREADY DID THAT!) I might meet a really hot guy at a thrift store and marry him. I may save millions of dollars and open my own thrift store/clothe the naked with thrift clothes. I might even end up spending more money out of sheer over-zealousness about posting a new blog. Whatever happens, you have my word that I will not cheat. And if I do, amen to my soul.

1 comment:

  1. you light up my lifeeee! this was almost as inspiring as church today. JUST KIDDING. but reallly, thank you. i'm a believer. and i'm in. but to get the rules straight, if i contribute to this blog, does that mean i CANNOT buy any of the above explained items at regular stores, or is that just you? do tell. <3

    ReplyDelete