Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 1

So this is the first day of my little experiment and I ALREADY almost slipped up!!! I decided I needed a break from writing my paper and went to Payless to go pick up these shoes (for a second I thought this might constitute breaking the rules but decided against it because I ordered and paid for them weeks ago.) So, there I am, in the mall, going all withdrawlly because I know I can't buy anything, and of course that fact makes me want to buy something even more. So I walk as fast as I can past Gap and Banana Republic trying not to even look at those beautiful winter coats in the windows. Note to self: Don't go to mall. It's like putting an alcoholic in a bar and telling him not to drink! Bad idea.

So I guess those 2 pairs of shoes will be my last "real" purchase for a while. And I think I can deal with that - they are both super cute and I'm very happy with them.

Thrifty quote of the day:
"You wanna get it Granny, while it's hot... You think it's trash canny, but it's not!"
-Jack White, Rag and Bone

PS - I thought of an exception to this venture of mine.. CHRISTMAS! I can't buy people Christmas presents from D.I. That's just cheap. Although I might try to make some crafty things for as many people as possible. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Putting me in a kitchen with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and telling me not to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY! To avoid is better than to resist. Amen sister.

    ReplyDelete